Kcpe Results 2016, Kcpe Results Online, Kcpe Registration, K.C.P.E Results Slip, Kcpe 2017 Results, Kcpe Registration 2016
Kcpe results 2016 have been released surprising many around the country.
Kcpe results 2016 update: Education CS Fred Matiang’i has revised the top score in the 2016 KCPE examination to 439.
Matiang’i had earlier announced that the best performing students scored 436 marks, 13 points lower that the highest score the previous year.
Victor Odhiambo from Kakamega county attained 437 marks – 97 points in English, 99 Kiswahili, 87 Mathematics, 71 in Science and 83 in Social Studies.
Odhiambo attended Daisy Special School for the Physically Handicapped and Vocational Training.
KCPE Results 2016 via sms
To get your results via sms, Send an SMS with your Index Number to 22252 from Safaricom, Airtel and Orange networks.
The top 2016 KCPE candidate scored 436 marks compared to last year’s 449 in results announced by Education Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i. Only 5,190 candidates scored 400 and above, a drop from 2015’s 7,560. There were no cases of examination leakage in exams that have been described as the most guarded in Kenya’s history. Consequently, no candidate or examination will have their results cancelled. The timing is a clear break from tradition for the results which are usually released at the end of December. Matiang’i has been on a mission to change how national examinations in Kenya are conducted; this year’s KCPE and KCSE examinations were completed earlier than usual.
A total of 952,021 pupils sat this year’s examination. The candidates who sat the 2016 KCPE exams will join secondary school in the first month of 2017, a change from the usual February entry.
Knut secretary general Sossion welcomes Matiang’i’s move
Knut secretary general Wilson Sossion said he was not informed that the results would be announced today.
“This is a surprise. We have learned this from the media. We didn’t know the results were going to be released today,” he told journalists.
But Sossion noted the new “best practice” was welcome and that “students will report to school earlier thus ensuring they settle in quickly.”
“The earlier the results are released, the better, so candidates can prepare themselves for the next step.The cohorts will be more prepared and are likely to perform better,” he said.
Kcpe results 2016 summary
- Form one school selection process is set to begin on Friday, December 2016
- Over 942,000 students sat for the KCPE examinations in 2016
- 7% girls and 50.3% boys sat for the KCPE 2016 examinations
- No exam cheating being reported during the KCPE examinations with 21 incidents of malpractice reported in the country
- The highest candidate scored 436 marks a drop compared to the 2015 results with the highest candidate scoring 449 marks
- There will be no cancellation of results in the 2016 KCPE results, first time in the history of national examination results.
- There will be no ranking done in the 2016 KCPE results despite the law being passed in October requiring ranking of schools.
- Over 5190 students got over 400 marks in the exams and will secure a place in the top national schools in the country whether from private or public schools
- 950 students with special needs sat for the KCPE results with the highest candidate scoring 421 marks