Kenya Police Recruitment Jobs 2017 is done by The National Police Service through Inspector General of Police. The Police Jobs are advertised to the public for the interested men and women with qualifications required for application. The Selection Process entails physical and medical checkups. The selected Candidates are then sent to The Police Training School after which they graduate as Police Officers.
Kenya Police Jobs 2017
The National Police Service Commission, seek to recruit 10,000 suitably qualified applicants to be trained as Police Constables. The recruitment process will commence on 11th May 2017 from 8:00am to 5:00pm at the listed Constituency-based Recruitment Centers.
All applicants must be at their respective recruitment center by 8:00am
Job Applicant Requirements, Must:
- Be a citizen of Kenya
- Hold a Kenya National Identity Card
- Possess a minimum mean grade of D+ (D Plus) and above in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination or its equivalent from an examination body recognized in Kenya with a D+ (D Plus) and above in either English or Kiswahili languages
- Be aged between 18 and 28 years
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Have no criminal record or pending criminal charges
- Female Candidates must NOT be pregnant at recruitment and during the ENTIRE training period.
- Applicants with the following skills are also encouraged to apply; Forensic Scientists, Carpenters and Joiners, Cartographers, Clinical Officers, Nurses, Draughtsmen, Electrical Assistants, Electronics Technicians, General Fitters, Foreign Languages Experts , Hospitality(Caterers, Waiters, Housekeepers, Cooks, Laundry Operators), ICT Experts, Laboratory Technicians, Librarians, Masons, Metal Workers, Motor Vehicle Mechanics, Motor Vehicle Panel Beaters, Musicians/Bandsmen, Painters and Sign Writers, Photographers, Plant Mechanics, Plant Operators, Pharmacists, Plumbers, Sign Language Interpreters, Sportsmen/Women, Tailors, Vehicle Electricians, Veterinary Technicians, Video Editors, Videographers, Welders and Fabricators.
- Examinations Result slips shall not be accepted.
- An applicant who
- a) Canvasses directly or indirectly,
- b) Willfully presents false academic certificates and testimonials or
- c) Engages in any corrupt activity Shall be disqualified, and in the case of (b) and (c) will in addition be arrested and prosecuted.
Under section 25 of the National Police Service Commission Act, any person who willfully gives to the Commission any information which is false or misleading in any material particular, commits an offence and shall on conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding two hundred thousand shillings (Ksh. 200,000) or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two (2) years or both.
National Police Service – Recruitment of Police Constables 2016
10000 Police Jobs in Kenya (Recruitment of Police Constables) Advertisement of Police Jobs in Kenya: Pursuant to Chapter VI and Articles 10; 27(8); 232; 246(3); 246(4), of the Constitution of Kenya; Sections 10, 11 and 12 of the National Police Service Commission Act and Section 7 (3) of National Police Service Commission Recruitment and Appointment Regulations 2015, I the Inspector General, in exercise of powers delegated to me by the National Police Service Commission, seek to recruit 10,000 suitably qualified applicants to be trained as Police Constables.
Kenya Police Jobs: Entry Requirements
An applicant shall be a person who:
- Is a citizen of Kenya
2. Hold a Kenya National Identity Card
3. Possess a minimum qualification of ‘D+’( Plus) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with a ‘D+’ (Plus) in either English or Kiswahili languages;
4. Be aged between 18 and 28 years for holders of KCSE Examination Certificate or its equivalent, and up to 30 years for diploma and degree holders;
5. Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
6. Is physically, mentally and medically fit
7. Has no criminal record or pending criminal charges.
- Female candidates must not be pregnant at recruitment and during the entire training period.
- Result slips shall not be accepted.
2. An applicant who:
a) Canvasses directly or indirectly;
b) Willfully presents false academic certificates and testimonials;
c) Engages in any corrupt activity;
Shall be disqualified and in the case of (b) and (c) in addition be arrested and prosecuted.
Under section 25 of the National Police Service Commission Act, any person who willfully gives to the Commission any information which is false or misleading in any material particular, commits an offence and shall on conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding two hundred thousand shillings (Ksh. 200,000) or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two (2) years or to both.
Kenya Police Recruitment – Gender Balance & Diversity
The recruited applicants shall reflect the gender, ethnic and regional diversity of the Kenyan people.
Police Jobs in Kenya: Application Submission
All candidates must complete the prescribed application form obtainable from:
- The nearest Officer Commanding Police Division (OCPD) or any police station
- The nearest Sub-County Administration Police Commander’s (DAPC) offices
- County Commissioner’s Offices
- Nearest Huduma Centres
- A copy of the academic certificates and testimonials;
b. A copy of the national I/D;
c. A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate;
Applicants must present themselves at the recruitment centre with the duly completed form on the day of their cruitment exercise
Kenya Police Recruitment – Note
- Each applicant must present the original supporting documents for verification. The originals will be returned to the applicant before the applicant leaves their recruitment centres.
2. Applicants recruited for the training into the Service shall be bonded to serve in the National Police Service for a minimum period of ten (10) years.
Kenya Police Jobs: Date and Places of Recruitment
The recruitment exercise will be held on Monday April 4th, 2016 starting at 8:00am to 5.00pm at the following Constituency-based Recruitment Centres.
Note that some constituencies as shown below have more than one recruitment centre, purely on account of logistical reasons.
Be sure to check and ensure you get the right recruitmentvenue and date below.