The Russian Federation is offering forty seven (47)partial scholarships to Kenyan students at undergraduate and Postgraduate Levels. Successful Applicants will be provided with Tuition waiver, a monthly allowance and accommodation at the University campuses on the same basis as the Russian students. Candidates should be able to cover their travel expenses, including a round –trip air ticket to Moscow, reception at the airport upon arrival and transfer to their places of study, as well as individual health insurance.
The areas of study include:
|Course||Number of scholarships at undergraduate level||Number of scholarships at Masters level||PhD|
|Computer and IT||2||2||Open|
|Computer Science and Computer Facilities||2||2|
|Electrical Power Industry & Heat- Power Engineering||2||2|
|Applied Geology, Mining, Oil and Gas Engineering, Geodesy||2||2|
|Agriculture, fishing and Forestry||2||1|
|Economics and management||4||2|
|Nuclear Energy and Technologies||2||1|
|Industrial Ecology and Biotechnology||2|
NB:Tuition, accommodation and monthly stipend will be provided by the federation on the same basis as for the Russian Federation students.There will be one (1) year of studying Russian language for the candidates who do not speak Russian language for the undergraduate level of study.
Applicants should meet the following conditions:
- Minimum KCSE Mean Grade of B (plain)
- Not more than 23 years of age
- Strong grades on the major subjects that are key to the specialty preferred
- Completed Secondary Education in the last three (3) years
- Have an original KCSE Certificate
- POST GRADUATE / MASTERS
- Are serving the country in the public sector.
- Completed two (2) years of continuous public service since their last degree studies.
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree of at least Upper Second class honours level for Masters and a good Masters for PhD.
- Are below 35 and 45 years respectively.
All applicants are asked to register at http://russia.study/en and to fill-in the obligatory online version of their application forms with a photograph.
All eligible candidates must read and follow the following guidelines strictly
- All applicants are asked to register at http://russia.study/en and to fill-in the obligatory online version of their application forms with a photograph
- Obtain preliminary application forms from the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology offices at Telposta Towers, 27th floor room 2702. The application forms can also be downloaded from the Ministry’s website: education.go.ke ( scholarship form)
- Completed application forms with attached certified photocopies of ID, academic/professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, other testimonials and a proposal in the area of study for PhD should be sent to:
Director – University Education,
Ministry of Education,
P O Box 9583 – 00200,
OR delivered to Telposta Towers, 27th floor Room 2702
- The Preliminary application forms should reach the Ministry not later than 17th March, 2017.
- Only shortlisted applicants (who shall be informed through e-mail /phone call) shall be invited for interview.
FOR POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS PREFERENCE FOR THE AWARD OF THESE SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE GIVEN TO TEACHING STAFF IN OUR PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES AND UNIVERSITY CONSTITUENT COLLEGES. TEACHING STAFF IN THESE INSTITUTIONS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY